Operations Manager / Treasurer 2000 - 2010
Wikus Saw Technology Corp.: international / multi-state distributor & manufacturer
Joined start-up as controller and grew to direct operations for multiple offices and warehouses, plus managed employees in 11 states.
• Reduced operating costs by 12% through vendor selection and contract negotiation
• Reduced labor costs by 25% through workforce reductions, job restructuring, and cross training
• Saved over $40,000 annually by switching from vehicle leasing to national purchasing contract
• Decreased inventory by 2% by transferring stock between warehouses and making substitutions
• Lowered COGS by $60,000 annually through improved planning and JIT ordering
• Reduced AR from over 150 days to within 45 days
• Negotiated over $170,000 in savings related to relocation, & eliminated depreciation on build-out
• Kept employee turnover low (90% surpassed 3 years) through employee development & recruiting
• Composed ISO manual and achieved all ISO re-certifications and yearly audits with zero NCR’s
• Implemented quality control system and kept return goods error rate under 0.01%
• Compiled safety manual and coordinated employee training, zero manufacturing OSHA incidents
Office Manager / Treasurer 1994 - 2000
Allstate Saws, Inc
Controlled operating cash flow, reconciled accounts, prepared budgets & audits
Wrote employee handbook, administered payroll & bonus structures for all employees
Special Programs Consultant (sales) 1990 - 1994
American Office Equipment
Member: President’s Club
Exceeded 100% of $400,000 monthly sales quota for 30 consecutive months
Increased department gross profit by 35% by creating customized prospect report
VP Operations 2011 - present
Import Logistics, Inc.: 3PL & Distribution Center with $70MM in annual client sales
Create strategic direction as key member of executive team, developing and implementing tactical plans related to operations and business development.
I enjoy helping organizations solve workplace challenges that affect both performance and growth.
Building projects from the bottom up, I relish identifying vulnerabilities, devising research strategy, developing measurement tools, and formulating short and long-term recommendations.
I appreciate the challenge of evaluating, testing, and implementing solutions -taking ownership from beginning to end.